Friday, August 22, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

Rain, Rain, go Away!
Wind Gusts up to 50 mph
We'll have some clean up to do

Fay just will not go away! Today the storm is moving about 6mph, so it looks like she will not leave until tomorrow. We have lost power a couple of times but not for too long each time, maybe an hour or two. Kids are getting a little bit of cabin fever, but we're doing okay. City of Jax just telling everyone to stay put, stay inside, so that is what we are doing.


This is our last week before we start to homeschool. I am making final preparations. I have been working on the "classroom". Sydney helped me paint, and Dan helped hang things and Ash and Zach helped clean and clear.


5 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Aww...I hate we are missing the storm! Looks like you are keeping busy while you are stuck in the house though! I LOVE the classroom! You are so creative...it looks GREAT! I am sure the kids are getting excited! Keep us posted to how it goes! I'm praying for your sweet family as you all transition into this journey!

The Burkes said...

that room will be full of fun and learning! You are going to ROCK as a teacher!

Carol Brock said...

LOVE THE CLASSROOM! How cool to call your teacher, MOM! I will deal with Mrs. Brock for now. Can't wait to hear how school goes. Carol Brock

John and Michelle said...

Looks great Kel!! I love your ideas!! You're gonna be great!

Your storm pics are good. We finally got to go to the beach today and GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! UGH!

Take care!

Adam Sloope said...

Glad I was able to endure nasty Fay a little bit with you guys. It was great to see your family, it's a baeautiful thing. Miss you guys, thanks for constantly challenging me to think and grow.