Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer is here!

Everyone is griping about an update so here it is!

We have had lots going on- that is my excuse for the lack of a blog update :) Anyway-
School is finished! The kids are done, have been out since mid May. A lot of things have come to a close, I am finished with teaching Bible study at our church and I will not be returning next year, also my Creative Memories business is done. After eight years as a consultant it was time to move on. Dan and I each year really try to re-evaluate the things we are doing, why we do them and ask if they are still a priority. We are beginning a new journey into homeschooling next fall and feel that God wants us to simplify! I am looking forward to the school year and so are the kids. I went to a big convention down in Orlando to look at curriculum and listen to speakers. It was great. I went with a good friend and some others that I will be joining in with next year for support. It was a great time to learn some things, see what I am really getting into and hang with the ladies I will be around for the most part. Then the week I came back form that I was on my way to the beach! It was a wonderful way for me to end one chapter and kick off the beginning of a new one. This was the 2nd annual trip to Stuart Florida. It is something that began as a conversation around the kitchen table and has come alive now for the second year. We decided the first year that we would do this trip no matter where life takes us and two of the five ladies within the past year have moved from Jacksonville. So they traveled from New York and Tampa. It was great time of fellowship, reunion, and time with God.
So what was everyone else in my family doing all this time- having fun without me! Dan was a busy man, but they all loved every minute of it. I came home to a clean house, and flowers planted on my porch- what a homecoming!
We have celebrated some birthdays- Sydney turned 7 and Zachary turned 5! No more babies in this house. We had fun painting pottery with Syd and Zach had a blast with buddies in our back yard palying with water guns and all kinds of stuff. Dan celebrates a birthday this month and then we have a break until Ashley's in September. Ashley did decide to get her ears pierced. We told her when she was eight she could. She was not ready on her birthday but had the opportunity in May, so she went for it! So today actually she can change her earings for the first time. She wants to get american flag earrings for the 4th... that is a big deal for her.
We will be heading to Ohio for the 4th! The kids are about to burst. We didn't get to go last summer, so we are way over due for the trip. We always have fun being in our home town with family, friends, and old hangouts.
Well I think that about does it for now, I will be sure to get plenty of pics of us at the beach this summer- we are so blessed to have a beach!

4 comments:

The Burkes said...

Way to go with the update Kel! I'm waaaay proud of ya :o)

John and Michelle said...

'bout time! love ya!!!

Grandma Sandy said...

WE are all ready to burst waiting for your tip to Ohio, too! And you'll get to see the newest addition to our family, Natalie Grace, a new cousin for Ashley. Syd and Zach. Can't wait. Hello to all of the group out there in cyberspace. Grandma Sandy

Dustin and Candice said...

I hope you guys had fun in OH! Can't wait to see pictures :)